Monday, March 18, 2013

Virtual Battle of the Books

http://bit.ly/16FwnHI

Inspired by March Madness, the library is hosting a battle of the books!  Students are busy voting for their favorite books to make up our book brackets.  I created a Google Form that students, teachers, administrators (and anyone with a pulse) could use to nominate their all-time favorite book.  Beginning with sixteen books on our bracket, we will have our first round of voting on Friday, March 22, 2013.  We will continue voting everyday until we crown a victor!  I sent out an informational flyer to everyone at high school with a link to the nomination form and a QR code to the link.  My helpful library assistants posted flyers around campus.  Since we are a BYOD school, students can scan the code with their devices and vote at their convenience. We just started today, but it has been heartwarming see how many teachers, students and administrators have nominated books.  And they are serious about wanting their book to win! Competition is not reserved for sporting events.  They are already campaigning for their fave book.  Stay tuned for the victor... Keep Calm and Read On!


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. While I have not started it yet, I plan on doing a late June Madness using the seventh and eighth grade books - I figure it will be a nice end to the year. Next year, I would like to do this in March. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete